I felt like I had to add something pictorial (ahhh, narcissism!) to this post because it’s really gonna just be me narrating my incredibly boring day. Evidence of boredom: me going so far to narrate it. This is not really good. Honestly I get really pent up with so much restless energy on days like these that I do irrational things as you will see soon enough.
What I did today
1. Woke up, checked my phone and started reading the newest Wait But Why articles on American presidents I don’t really care about, I just wanted something to do.
2. Rolled a popiah for breakfast. It contained a lot of crumbled hard-boiled eggs.
3. Read some Harry Potter fan fiction. Sigh, I’m back in the game again.
4. Realised the post I wrote for work got an unprecedented amount of shares, which made me incredibly happy!!
5. Read the post again and realised that THERE WERE MANY GRAMMATICAL AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE ERRORS and that made me very ashamed.
6. Took a nap.
7. Watched Friends.
8. Ate lasagne.
9. Took a selfie.
10. Noticed my hair development over the past 2 years! Case in point:
(sorry Tammy. By the way Tammy has a blog which is really gorgeous and lovely I wish I could take pictures like that.) This was J1 (I was 17) with my short shoulder length hair and bangs that were recently outgrown… ugh it’s terrible. Note to self – never cut my hair like that again. The story behind the hair was that I saw it in my dream and in a fit of impulsiveness, decided to go for it. No… dream hair does not correspond well in real life.
I don’t know why Tammy and I have a Photoboothin’ habit. Anyway this was the middle of J1 where I permed my hair… to very disastrous effect. At this juncture it was slightly grown out so it didn’t look too bad… I had to look like an antiquated grandma for awhile though.
I remember I took this at some cafe at Tanjong Pagar drinking English Breakfast Tea that I DID NOT ACTUALLY ORDER. I ordered chai instead, and the barista got it wrong :-( I didn’t question that though, I just wished I was more assertive in that point in time. Anyway, hair grew out well and was nice n wavy!! I kind of miss it.
AFTER A’s! I decided to bleach the ends – but this was before I used purple shampoo liberally so it was still weirdly ochre. I kind of liked it at first but this sentiment quickly dissipated because I headed to town one day and saw seven other girls with the same kind of hair. HAHAHAHA. Anyway I had to bleach it because I wanted to colour it..
Blue & turquoise! Okay but it has since faded to green again… I redyed it once but looks like green is here to stay. By the way, if you’re thinking of colouring your hair too, DO IT YOURSELF! It’s so much cheaper and you can always top up the hair dye (I got mine at 2 for $18) if it ever fades. HAHA
Okay end of hair revolution, which wasn’t even very drastic anyway.
11. Went out – bought 2 pairs of sandals, 1 lip balm (NEED TO STOP BUYING LIP BALMS!), rose hip oil, primer, some ham, some milo, wraps. I’m going to start taking packed lunches to work because the hawker centre we normally go to is closing, and many stores have shown their shutters anyway. :-(
Anyway, here’s what I have to say about work! I’m interning at ShopBack and it’s really, really fun. I get to write fun things, not so fun things, serious things. The people really make me look forward to work every single day – really, who EVEN looks forward to work? Me ME me!! And I am so pleased. – and I spent my first paycheque on a Kindle Paperwhite! I’ve wanted it for so long and I’m very very happy with it.
12. My colleague Sheryl and I have started our blog and WE WILL BE FAMOUS… not really I’m not sure. But I spent today thinking of what the blog could be used for, because I seriously have too many blogs lurking around the depths of the internet. (But yes, this is an example of a fun thing we do at work.)
13. I also put on my running tights and general sporty things and even draped a towel over my neck intending to run off my CNY intake but I ended up slouching on the sofa and watched the finale of Friends.
14. Also thought about impending A level results.
It’s time to watch Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part DEUX. I can’t believe I’ve never watched it. BYE.