I feel quite bad that this blog has been left in a temporary lurch, so here’s a short update for my own benefit. My life has been oscillating around my internship + nightly conversations + much-needed meet-ups with my friends, rinse and repeat. And of course major things have happened – things I’m so excited for, things that was unprecedentedly unexpected, things that are definitely going to change what I intend to be in the future and how I’m perceiving the world right now. March and April were fruitful months and I hope May would be great as well! :-)
So things that I remember most vividly within these defunct months:
1. I got into my dream university… and even so, I’m doubting myself and my abilities – in addition to the hefty tuition fees that come along with it. To be incredibly honest, I’m second guessing my choice and I feel like choosing another university over it with a course I don’t really mind studying just because it’s way, way more inexpensive. I just hope everything works out!
2. I have 3 more weeks of internship left – until the end of May and from there, I’ve two whole months to myself! I can’t wait, and it’s so bittersweet because I’ve really learned loads where I currently am. And I’ve definitely met people who have irrevocably changed the way I see the world, as dramatic as it that sounds.
3. On Labour Day I went over to Rachel’s place in an emotional daze and her solution was to hear me grumble + give me a makeover… it actually worked out really well.
Obviously my daily face looks more like the picture on the top.
4. This happened:
5. ThreeLittlePiglets – a collaborative blog with two of my colleagues was born due to a combination of pressure from our supervisor and imbued resentment for other similar blogs in Singapore. HAHAHA no, we’re not kidding. Currently it’s still a work in progress, but I hope it’s going to take off…. I hope.
6. I learned that talk can be extremely cheap.
7. We had a gander at nightlife. It didn’t work out too well… but it made me love my friends even more.
8. My mushroom lasagne is ready so I’m going to stop writing and eat it now. I’m just incredibly excited for the future. :-)
9. But before I go, a short piece from my Dayre:
Last night’s three hour long conversation encompassing life, our future plans and successes was such a great motivating one and really made me realise what I’m focusing on now isn’t consequential.
It’s really so great to meet someone who shares the same ideas and dreams as you do and is willing to learn and sacrifice everything to achieve it. I haven’t quite figured out what I’m willing to sacrifice entirely, but I know what matters to me now and what is simply a huge waste of time.
I’ve a goal and I want to embark fearlessly into it.
10. A last motivational piece from Mavis:
(By the way, I really adore Telegram Desktop. THANK YOU TELEGRAM.)
11. Uncovered this gem of a conversation from last year:
(Thank you Joce.)